CHEBOYGAN AREA ARTS COUNCIL ART FESTIVAL
A wide variety of fine arts and crafts will be presented at the 48th Annual Cheboygan Arts Festival on Saturday, July 9, 2016 from 9:30am to 3pm, at the Cheboygan Festival Square.
For interested artists, it is not too late to secure a booth to exhibit your art. The Pavilion provides a new outdoor facility with a roof for inclement weather, electricity is available and the downtown location will attract many shoppers. Ribbons and cash prizes are awarded. If you are interested in renting space for your art, contact The Opera House at 231-627-5432.
Exhibitors will be appearing from Cheboygan and around Michigan. In the fine arts category, there will be a variety of watercolor and oil paintings, along with sculptures, glass, photography, and pottery. Visitors will also find a selection of jewelry, fabric art, and furniture. Each artist’s work has been reviewed by a jury for originality and quality. This event is unique in that awards are presented during the show, after judges have reviewed the works on display.
Fees… $50.00 entry fee
Place…Festival Square, Main Street, Cheboygan, MI
Will take place in individual booths; ribbons and cash prizes will be awarded in various categories.
Need to be set up by 9:00!!
Schedule Of Events…
Entry Deadline ……………………….June 15, 2016
Fair Date ………………………….Sat., July 9, 2016
Exhibitor Check-in…….6:30am – Sat., July 9, 2016
Open to Public …………………Saturday, July 9, 2016
9:00 A.M.-3:00 P.M.
Award Judging……………………….Saturday 9:00 A.M.
Exhibits Closed………………………Saturday 3:00 P.M.
- Each entry will be judged for design, originality, character, diversity and workmanship.
- Refreshment facilities, set-up help and “breakers” available.
- Performing Arts will occur throughout the day.
- Artists will receive map of Cheboygan and list of accommodations upon notification of acceptance.
48th Annual Arts Festival Rules of Entry…
- Minimum of four (4) clear photos of original art or craft must be submitted by deadline, June 15, 2016. If you took part in last year’s arts festival you need not submit photos unless requested by jury board. Please label with name, address, title and material. Include return envelope with enough postage to cover photos. The Art Show Committee is the sole judge of the work and reserves the right to reject works not considered acceptable.
- Exhibitors are responsible for their own Michigan Sales Tax.
- Provide a means of display and have responsible person in attendance. In no way may the sponsoring organization be held liable for any loss or damage.
- Only categories accepted by the Jury may be sold.
- No copies, novelty crafts, kits, commercial molds, greenware or food, no resale items.
- No sharing of space.
- No exhibits to be dismantled until closing time at 3:00 P.M.
EXHIBITORS ARE ENCOURAGED TO DEMONSTRATE THEIR SKILLS!
SEND APPLICATION, PHOTOS, FEE TO:
Cheboygan Area Arts Council
P.O. Box 95, Cheboygan, Michigan 49721
Phone: 231-627-5432 • E-mail: email@example.com
Tax I.D. No. ______________________
Phone No. ______________________
Working Exhibit Yes ____ No____Special Needs_______________________________________
Complete description of all work(s) to be displayed:
IMPORTANT: The committee reserves the right to insist on the removal of unapproved
items in the exhibit. Failure to comply will result in removal of entry’s exhibit from the festival.
Failure to comply with any rule will result in non-acceptance next year.
I prefer a spot under the metal pavilion roof.__________________
I need a table._____________________________________________
Please remove my name from your mailing list.__________________
Number of Spaces Required_________X $50.00 ___________
MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO: CHEBOYGAN AREA ARTS COUNCIL, INC.